Penny has been on a mission lately...a mission to carry a concealed weapon. Don't panic...this is not about gun control. Its about 'coverage.' My weapon of choice these days is concealer. LOL! Between my dark under eye circles (hereditary) and my melasma (hyperpigmentation) on my cheeks, temples and forehead, I now hate going without makeup. :-( In recent months I have tried quite a multitude of concealers, in varying shades and formulas. Some worked okay, some not so much. Last week, with the help of a knowledgeable Sephora rep, I think I finally found a combination of concealer and foundation that works.
|Kat Von D Lock-it |
Here are some of my trials and how I rated them:
- Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in Med #26/Original Tan ($25) - great buildable coverage
- NARS Radiant Cream Concealer in Biscuit/Med-Dark ($28) - easy to blend; great for under eye circles; does not crease
- Bobbi Brown Corrector Dark Peach ($23 ) - should be used under Bobbi Brown concealer but I sometimes used it by itself; just have to make sure you set with powder
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF35 in NC 42 ($18) - love that their is SPF; good coverage but can sometimes be drying; better for blemish coverage
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC 42 ($18) - liquid formula with decent under eye coverage; does do much for melasma
- Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Tan by Hard Candy ($12.99) - inexpensive; very opaque liquid; worked ok under eye, but doesn't come in enough shades.