Penny here with some last minute tips and products for cool Holiday looks!
It's that time of year when many of us get dolled up to attend holiday parties, shows at the theater, and to be the hottest hostess! So the dilemma becomes...do I go with my typical red lips and sparkly eyes or do I try something new?
|Stila, MIND palette|
For my lips I did an ombre, deep red color using Make Up For Ever Lip Liner in 11C Matte Dark Raspberry, Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Prayer, with MAC's Lip Liner in Nightmoth blended from the outer corners in for an ombre effect. The look was completed with MAC's Viva Glam Rihanna 2 lipglass for a slight opulent shimmer. It was cool to see that lip gloss over a red color.
Penny loves this time of year when all the 'limited edition' and new palettes and colors are released. Check out the following if you're in the market for great new eye shadow shades:
- Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar ($49, Sephora)
- STILA Eyes are the Windows Eye Shadow Palettes ($49, Sephora)
- Maybelline The Nudes ($8.99, ULTA; quickly became a Penny staple)
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette ($54, ULTA)
- Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Palette ($65, Bloomingdales)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-con No.7 in The Starlet 204 ($59, Sephora)
- Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette ($54, Sephora, eyes and cheeks; Penny's fave right now)
|MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 2|
Metallic lips and eyes in gold, bronze, and pewter
Plum and berry lip colors
Metallic or vampy nails
Smokey eyes with browns, bronze, blues and grays
Red or shimmery lips
Sparkly eye shadows
|Kat Von D, Prayer|
Check out this beautiful beauty blogger/vlogger and fellow product princess (Cindy Diaz) who posted a beautiful holiday look 'tutorial.' Her blog is: www.vinylblush.com
The step-by-step video is on YouTube:
- Check out her video for the 'jewel-toned smokey eye look' too for something different this holiday season.
Be blessed. Be beautiful.