Although it's important to support cancer research all year round, it's time to put the power behind the pink...October is Breast Cancer Awareness month as we all know. Please show your support for this all important cause. There are so many ways to lend a hand these days. Just about every purchase you make, every store you enter, every sport team you cheer for, shows their pink ribbon pride.
Penny loves that the beauty industry decides to 'Fight Like A Girl' every October and offers so many fun ways to contribute to the cause.
- ULTA Beauty announced today Oct. 1, that throughout the month of October, Ulta will participate in fundraising events to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). As part of their campaign ULTA's “Cut-A-Thon” will be held on Oct. 13 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Ulta salons across the US. Donate a minimum of $10 and you get your choice of a shampoo & cut; facial treatment or pink hair extensions. Don't forget to look for specialty products with the pink ribbon as well. See www.ulta.com and type "breast cancer awareness" in the search engine.
- Also check out Sephora stores or www.Sephora.com for speciality items like a limited-edition five-piece brush set in a pink snakeskin travel bag; skincare, fragrances, where proceeds from these special items go to the BCRF.
- Macy's will once again invite America to THINK PINK in an effort to draw attention, heighten awareness and raise funds in the fight against breast cancer with commemorative pink product from an array of fashion, cosmetics brands and home merchandise.
- Check out Gilt.com where 100% of the purchase price is donated to Bright Pink, fueling education and support programs that equip young women with the strategies they need for risk reduction and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Check out MAC and Bobbi Brown cosmetics for special Breast Cancer Awareness month limited edition products. http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/index.tmpl and www.maccosmetics.com