Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Beauty Blitz

Penny's back!

The beautiful fall season with its warm rich colors always inspire me to go shopping for beauty products. (Not like I need any encouragement!) LOL! So this is just a brief review of some of my most recent purchases, and/or shades that I'm loving this season:

Maybelline 'The Nudes' Eye shadow Palette
Maybelline The Nudes 
Love this compact palette! Been using it almost daily. Perfect for travel. I've have gotten both daytime and nighttime looks out of this palette. ($9.99, Target)

MAC Lipstick in 'Fetish'
This is an old standard. This gives me the perfect coppery bronze lip for the season. Remember, metallic colors are in and not just for a holiday outing. ($16, MAC store)

Maybelline Color Sensation The Buffs Lip Color in 'Touchable Taupe'
Beautiful neutral shade. I did a great monochromatic look with this lipstick. Great cool, winter nude. ($5.59, Target)

MAC Lip Pencil in 'Stone'
Perfect lip pencil for the taupe look I was going for. ($16, MAC store)

L'Oreal Lipstick Privee' Collection in 'JLo'
A pretty brownish pink nude. Just a real nice neutral at an even nicer price. ($8.99, CVS)

L'Oreal JLo's Nude
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in 'Black Honey'
A beautiful alternative to black. This deep burgundy, almost black shade works great for a soft smokey effect. It easily compliments wine, bronze, and brown shadows without the harsh look of black. ($16, Sephora)

NYX Vampy Lip Cream in 'Enamored'
This dark jumbo lip pencil went on smooth and dried to a pretty matte shimmer finish. I love the control you have with a lip pencil and often wear them without lip liner. ($6.49, ULTA)

Bite Beauty Winterberry
MAC Blush in 'Taupe'
I've used this true taupe shade as a blush but prefer it as a contour shade. Worked great for the monochromatic taupe look I did. ($22, Macy's)

Bite Beauty Remix Lip Collection (Winterberry shade)
Love these jumbo lip pencils by Bite Beauty. They are creamy but long lasting with a great pop of color. Especially love that this line uses natural ingredients. I had a great pic of this color on me but it wouldn't post for me. Will try to put it on my Pinterest page. ($25, Sephora)

TIP OF THE DAY:
Most of you know that dark and red lipstick shades can make your teeth look more white and bright. So nudes and pinks could do the opposite if you already have non-white teeth. Penny recommends using a whitening strip like Crest Whitening Strips before you head out the door. 

What are some of your recent fall finds?

Be blessed. Be beautiful.
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment