Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shampoo or Conditioner? Both?

Hello!
Thanks to one of Penny's Posse members, Penny has a new and unusual product she's fallen for. Some of you may be familiar with the WEN Hair Care System by Chaz Dean. It is mainly sold on QVC but can also be found online at Amazon.com and a few other sites. I had never heard about this line until I was given a bottle of WEN's Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner to try ($28, 16oz).

FABULOUS! I love this stuff.! My hair never felt so tingly clean but most of all, my hair never felt so soft and silky. It actually seemed to work like a clarifying shampoo...my hair felt light like a feather...like it removed all build up. But it didn't leave my hair feeling dry. Initially I let my hair air dry and my curls were so soft they were fly away...I needed a styling cream to hold my curls together (but didn't use any). The next day I used my flat iron  (w/ CHI thermal protection spray) and my hair stayed straight from root to tip for 4 days without re-applying any heat! That is a first. I'm going to stick with the WEN products (and alternate them with the Morrocan Oil line I have also fallen in love with...stay tuned). That's right...I'm saying goodbye to my tried and true Cholesterol deep conditioner I just raved about last week. I'm a Product Princess and its my perrogative. LOL!  All jokes aside, I loved the results of the WEN cleanisng conditioner so much that I plan to try the Sweet Almond Mint Styling Cream and maybe the Re Moist Intensive Repair Hair Mask, recommended for use every 6 weeks.

What is a cleansing conditioner I asked? It turns out that this product is designed to be a shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner all in ONE. Because this product is sulfate-free it does not lather, but has a creamy foam instead. This will take some getting used to because Penny likes to suds up. LOL! Sweet Almond Mint is recommended for all hair types. On Amazon.com I noticed different products were recommended for fine, medium and coarse hair types. The products also come in Fig, Cucumber Aloe, Tea Tree, and Lavender. I also noticed the line has expanded to bath/hair/body oils, volumizing hair treatment spray, and body lotions. I will probably make my purchases from Amazon.com since they seem to have a good selection of products.

Happy Holidays! Happy Hair-i-days!

Be blessed. Be beautiful.
P


No comments:

Post a Comment