Happy Holidays! I know I've been missing in action and I apologize. Sometimes I have writer's block and I can't bring myself to write/focus. Other times I have too many things I want to talk about and don't know how to narrow it down. LOL! So feel free to let me know if there is something you want to know about.
|(Courtesy of Black Opal)|
Anyhoo, since there are so many 'holiday looks' out there, Penny is just going to share some of the products she's been using this season:
I start with a cleansed and moisturized face:
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser ($14) - used on skin without make-up
- Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil ($26) - used to remove my make-up after I've done my damage out and about. LOL
- CeraVe Moist Facial Lotion P.M. ($10)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer ($17, travel size)
- Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD Microperfecting Primer - just trying a sample of this now; so far so good
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance ($18) - just for eye lids
|Too Faced Shadow Insurance|
- Eyeshadow colors depending on the look I'm going for. I use the following brands almost daily: Bobbi Brown, MAC, Coasta Scents palette, and Urban Decay
- Colors that are standard for Penny: Urban Decay in Naked (matte) or Gunmetal (shimmer); Bobbi Brown in Cocoa (matte) ($20); MAC's shadows in Smut, Fig, Sketch, Rice Paper, Humid, and Outre, etc; Smashbox palette for hazel eyes ($42); NYX Eye Shadow Single in Black (matte) as a liner ($5).
- Sometimes I use ULTA brand shadow in Gold Leaf ($7); or Sephora brand eye shadow in City Fog, a perfect matte gray ($12)
- Sometimes I use Revlon Eye Shadow Single in purple or navy (both matte)
- Sometimes I use NYX Jumbo Pencil shadows as a base to create intense and vibrant color (Gold, Dark Brown, Purple, etc).
- Eyeliner colors vary but I use the following often: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liner Pencil in Zero ($18); Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Granite, Graphite, or Saphire ($21); Buxom Lashliner in Leatherette ($16)
- False Eyelash Strips: Ardell #53 ($4), Mod Lash #108 ($5), or Red Cherry,747S ($13 for 6pk).
Then its time for foundation and powder.
- Cover FX Cream Foundation in B15 ($40)
- MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer in NC42 ($17); don't always use this because foundation has great coverage
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Powder in Medium Dark ($20)
|Mac Blush in Buff|
- bareMinerals eye brow powder in Dark blonde/Medium Brown ($11)
- Anastasia clear Brow Gel ($21) - paid less because I got the travel size from Sephora
- Rimmel of London Lasting Finish Powder Blush in Spring Flower ($4.99)
And finally lip liner/lipstick/lipgloss. So many fun looks this holiday season:
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #46 ($19), the perfect deep red for me; worn w/ Sephora Collection nano lip liner in Pleasant Plum ($5)
- Revlon Colorbust in Plum ($8.99); w/ Sephora Collection nano lip liner in Pleasant Plum
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Plum Gold ($23); w/ BB lip pencil in Henna ($20)
- Smashbox Limitless Longwear Lip Gloss in 24/7 ($22); w/ Sephora Collection nano lip liner in Pleasant Plum
- MAC lip glass in Viva Glam Gaga 2 ($14.50) w/ Sephora Collection nano lip liner in Belle Beige
|MUFE Lipstick #46|
If you're looking for make-up looks for New Year's Eve check out sites like these:
PLEASE NOTE: Youtube.com also has hours and hours of make-up tutorials to view. Some of my favs are by the following bloggers: DRBrooklyn730, TheFancyFaced, KandeeJohnson, AndreasChoice, and DestinyGodley. Just look them up in the search engine.
Be blessed. Be beautiful.
Be ready to bring in the new year!