Sunday, November 11, 2012

What's Your Quick-n-Dirty?

Hola!
Penny here! Attempting to share something noteworthy. Since my mother's stroke in September my life has changed and will probably never again be the same. In the grand scheme of things I am most grateful for my faith, family, and friends who have kept Penny together these past few months.
 
Most days make-up and all things beauty are so irrelevant in my current world. But at the same time I realize how much they make me feel good...about myself...and about others (when they say my research was helpful in some way). So I today I thought...what about my current beauty routine IS relevant? Time and functionality I thought. Since my time is no longer my own as a caregiver; and someone who's 9-5 was never 9-5...I'm constantly racing against the clock to do something or be somewhere.  But when I have a few minutes to 'put on my face' it helps to start the day in a more familiar, less stressful way. What I find I need most for my new daily routine, are products that are multi-functional.
NARS the Multiple
  • NARS the Multiple ($39, Sephora) - a cream-to-powder multi-purpose make-up stick; can be used on eyes, cheeks, lips and body. See Sephora.com for a great tutorial. I like the color South Beach.
  • MAC Powder Blush in Buff ($20, MAC) - a soft neutral 'muted pinkish peach' matte blush that I sometimes double as eyeshadow and blush for a monochromatic look.
  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 0L ($18, Sephora) - waterproof jet black pencil eye liner; easy to blend; long wearing; a staple for Penny.
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry ($16, Bloomingdales) - a sheer berry pink lip balm/lipstick in one. This is a great lip color that I can throw on without liner a any time and look nice.
  • Mascara Mini ($10-$20, Sephora) - any mascara of your choice that is small enough to fit in your purse or make-up bag and can be applied quickly to top & bottom lashes; my current minis are Benefit's They're Real, and Lancome Hypnose Star...both were VIB gifts with an order from Sephora but they sell lots of great travel-size products at most Sephora stores.
  • They're Real Mascara
  • BB or CC Cream (prices varies; Target, drugstores, ULTA, Sephora)- for those who don't need a lot of coverage these are good one-step products. Beauty Balm (BB) creams are amped up tinted moisturizers, with skincare & foundation in one. Sometimes they are called Blemish Balm for their blemish control capabilities. I know folks who swear by NARS, Smashbox and Laura Mercier BB creams. Drugstore brands include Garnier, L'Oreal and Maybelline to name a few. Color Correcting (CC) creams are amped up BB Creams and the newest craze out of Japan and Korea. CC creams are said to have higher SPF, blends better with skin tones, and does more to even out skin tones.  Has anyone tried a CC cream yet? Which one? Penny needs a full-coverage foundation due to my melasma so I have not tried these products, but I am curious about the CC creams. Chanel and Olay both have CC creams.
Clinique Chubby Stick

Some of these products don't have multiple uses, but work so well that they are my 'go to' staples that I keep in my make-up bag. I'm looking for products that I can apply  without much thought and effort.

What's your quick-n-dirty product(s) of choice?

Be blessed. Be beautiful. Be GRATEFUL.
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment