Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Mascara Maniac - At it again!



Most of you know that Penny is a self-proclaimed Mascara Maniac...trying more than 25 brands this past year! (Yes...yes, we are seeking professional help). LOL! Well, how could I resist the temptation when Sephora sent this V.I.B. (Very Important Beauty insider) an offer to receive Too Faced Mascara Layering Kit...for FREE!  With 'any purchase' of course (you didn't really think it was free did you? LOL!). This kit is sold regularly for $19.50. The idea is to use both the Lash Injection and the Lash Pinpoint mascaras to create the ultimate look of length and volume. (Read full story)
The Lash Injection did a pretty good job of lengthening and giving my lashes a fanned out look...definitely made my eyes pop! But the Lash Pinpoint coat made my lashes a bit stiff...could start to clump if not careful with the application...Penny didn't like this formula much. Penny doesn't like sticky lashes. After applying the coat of Pinpoint, I noticed my top and bottom lashes were sticking together at the corners a little. (Afterwards I read the ad that came with the sample kit and it said that the mascara was 'waterproof' so that could explain the stiffness). Where the Lash Pinpoint came in handy was for my lower lashes. Because the wand is so small, it was easy to apply a coat to my lower lashes. This also works because I like to use waterproof mascara on my lower lashes sometimes to prevent smudging (my eyes tear a lot from allergies;  and when I'm laughing. LOL). This is also a great tip if you're going dancing or any place where it could be humid.

Okay...Penny is off to try the new L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara ($9.49 on sale)...the first budget-friendly mascara with the sphere-shaped applicator which mimics the very popular Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes ($28). Seems like the trick might be in the application with these unconventional mascaras.

Be blessed. Be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment