Here are the basics to remember:
- Toss mascara every 2-3months.
- Toss eyeliner about every 3 months.
- Toss eyeshadow about every 3 months.
- Toss lipstick/lipglosses about every 12 months.
- Foundation should be tossed every 6-12 months.
- Concealer should be tossed every 1-2 years.
- Replace face powder at least every 2 years.
- Powder blush should be replaced every 1-2 years; cream blush, every year.
- Throw out nail polish after it becomes dried out or doesn't mix well when you shake it.
- Brushes and applicators should be washed with brush cleaner (or baby shampoo) every 2 wks; good tools can last for years if cared for properly. Inexpensive sponges should be replaced after 2 uses. Powders and creams often come with their own applicators, but you should still buy replacements for them.
Be blessed. Be beautiful.