Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Mascara Maven...at it again.

Hi...me again.
We all know Penny has a problem when it comes to mascara...I can never try too many! LOL! You also know that one of my favorites is L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (original formula). So I was delighted to catch a glimpse of a magazine ad for L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara (Drugstore, Target, etc...$8-$9). I bought it, tried it, and like it!

The collagen-infused formula has a nice smooth consistency, but is not watery. Most of all Penny likes the brush...the bristles are more like a comb than a brush and it picks up all of my fine, short lashes. When I say like a comb I mean the shape is like a brush but the teeth are plastic like a comb. It reminds me of another Penny favorite, Buxom Lash mascara (Sephora, $18).   The brush also separates my lashes nicely.

Although the L'Oreal mascaras provide volume, I still like M.A.C.'s new Haute & Naughty Mascara for volume and drama the best (wherever M.A.C. is sold, $18)! There is a noticable difference in length and volume.  And of love their ingenious applicator that you can use two ways. One wand provides light application, and the other heavier, more dramatic application. I often use the light application for my bottom lashes, and the thicker, heavier application for my top lashes. It is my new favorite nighttime mascara.

Be blessed. Be beautiful.
P

No comments:

Post a Comment