|Raise Awareness by Essie, $8.50|
Penny believes that every penny counts (no pun intended)! LOL! So whether you give $1 while paying for groceries, or $5 while buying cosmetics; or whether you write a name on a ribbon to hang in the window in honor of a loved one; or wear pink all month long...every gesture of support generates awareness and hopefully education. Early detection is key. So Penny's been pinking it up wherever she can and just wanted to take a moment to share some of the easy ways (while beauty shopping) that you can contribute to finding a cure for this disease.
(read full story...)
ULTA "Donate with a Kiss" Campaign
- Those who donate $1 to BCRF at ULTA Beauty stores can register to win a beauty bag of pink products, valued at $598; one winner per store will be chosen by random drawing. A "kiss" decal will be given for each $1 donation, which can be posted in the store or windows.
- Those who make a contribution of $10 to BCRF can receive their choice of a Pink Ribbon Umbrella or a Pink Ribbon Cosmetic Bag, and receive 10 "kisses!"*
- The Pink Ribbon Cosmetic Bag is also available at ULTA.com.
- Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Limited Edition in Pink is the award-winning, lightweight daily moisturizer that hydrates and provides antioxidant protection, while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. Exclusive to ULTA Beauty stores and available online at ULTA.com for $38. Philosophy donates $5.00 to BCRF from the sale of this product.
- Stila is offering their "Empowered in Pink" Travel Palette exclusively at ULTA Beauty stores for $14, with $1 from each sale donated to BCRF. The palette includes a collection of four Stila eye shadows, cheek color, and highlighter in a chic, mirrored palette.
|Sephora Collection Eyelash Curler, $16|
Like Sephora, pink products in support of BCA are abound at Target too. Walk the beauty aisles and you will find Sonia Kashuk's Proudly Pink Five-Piece Purse Brush Set ($14.99).
|Pink of Hearts by OPI, $8.50|
Penny has contributed to numerous organizations over the years in support of breast cancer...Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Avon Walk for a Cure, and Feel Your Boobies, to name a few. I am also loving my recent purchase of a mini pink cutting board, pairing knife, and reusable shopping bags from Pampered Chef's campaign! [NOTE: Let Penny know if you're interested and I will connect you to my Pampered Chef Consultant so you can purchase your own pinked out kitchen helpers.]
Even though we are inundated with all things pink and all things breast cancer related this month, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't support the cause all year round. But more importantly we should remember to do our self-examinations regularly. Don't be shy...feel those boobies!...exam those puppies!...support your girls! Penny certainly does. LOL!
Be blessed. Be beautiful. Be Pink.