Saturday, July 21, 2012

Monster Mash (for the Guys)

Greetings!
I hope this post finds you all in the best of health and spirits. Today Penny's posting a little something for the fellas. Women can enjoy too, but I very rarely have anything for the guys on here (simply because I don't usually test men's grooming products...LOL)...so I wanted to share.

My beloved shared this item with me and I love it! I was so pleased with it I said I would post something on my blog about it. I was given a puzzled look. Why? Because it is not at all beauty related. But in true Mo fashion (not Penny; she's nicer than Mo) I said: "It's my blog so I can post whatever I want." LOL!   So here goes...
Monster iClarityHD Speaker
Many of you know that Penny LOVES her tunes! Gotta have my music at ALL times! So when I discovered the Monster iClarityHD Precision Micro Bluetooth (Portable) Speaker  I was quite curious ($58.91, Amazon.com).

This little portable speaker has better sound (and volume) than any of the computer speakers, and iPod speakers I've owned! It is perfect for get togethers, the beach, a hotel room, car travel, teleconferencing on telework days, Skype chats, etc. Features include (as stated by the manufacturer):
  • Ultra-compact, high performance bluetooth speaker and speakerphone in the palm of your hand
  • Two 35 mm full range drivers gives you music incredible fidelity in the mid and high frequencies
  • Monster Passive Radiator Subwoofer for deep, clean and tight bass
  • Bluetooth 2.0 audio and digital signal processing for superior sound quality in a compact design
  • Compatible With iPad/iPod/iPhone & Macbook
  • Ultra-Compact, High-Performance Bluetooth Speaker Delivers Best-In-Class Wireless Stereo Sound
  • Built-In Microphone With Advanced Noise Cancellation Enables Clear Wireless Hands-Free Calling & Conferencing.
  • Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries Power Up To 5 Hours Of Play Time At Full Volume On A Single Charge
  • Also has an auxiliary input just in case you want to use with a non-bluetooth device
  • Range up to 33 FT
Monster ClarityHD Speaker
If you don't have an iPhone, no worries; as long as you have bluetooth capability, these work. There is also the Monster ClarityHD Precision Micro Portable Bluetooth Speaker ($59.15, Amazon). According to the Monster site, this item features then same things as the "iClarity" product:
  •  Optimized for Blackberry devices, smartphones, netbooks and notebook PCs.
  • Connects to iPod or any device with a 3.5 mm headphone port using a mini-jack cable (cable not included).
I have been getting my groove on! I simply turned on the bluetooth on my iPhone, synced the phone to the speaker, then selected my music, and rocked out! LOL!  I have not yet used it as a speaker phone, but have seen how that works. It takes about 4 hours to fully charge when you first get it. Read the instructions carefully too because you preserve the battery by turning the speaker completely off when not in use, even though you don't have to.
Some sites charge as much as $75-$100+ for this item so be sure to shop around. I got a great price on Amazon and free shipping as a Prime member.  If you want a more professional, high-end speaker, the online reviews said to check out the JamBox by Jawbone (which costs almost 3x as much).

Be blessed. Have beats.
DJ Penny ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment