Summer is here and some of you are wondering how to keep that pretty profile of yours from becoming one big melting pot. Yes...how do we keep our face in place when its hot outside? If you wear a full face of makeup like Penny does, you know that the warm temps can be unkind sometimes. There is a fine line between 'dewy' and 'greasy' in Penny's world. LOL! Aside from keeping your body cool in general; there are lots of products on the market and a few tips and tricks that you could use to keep your makeup from migrating as the day progresses. Penny's here to help you navigate some of your options.
|Maybelline Nude Dream Airfoam|
- Try liquid, foam, or powder foundation since those formulas are lighter and tend to stay put better than cream. (Examples: Cover FX Liquid, Maybelline Nude Dream Air Foam, Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder).
- Try a tinted moisturizer, BB cream, or CC cream if you don't need a lot of coverage but still want to look polished (Examples: Smashbox, Bobbi Brown w/ SPF35).
- Try an oil-blot powder to set your makeup and for touch-ups throughout the day. (Example: MAC Oil Blot Powder, Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder).
- Try an foundation primer before applying foundation; some come in 'oil comntrol' formulas too. (Examples: Make Up For Ever High Definition Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish).
|Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner|
- Try an eye shadow primer (Examples: Too Faced Shadow Insurance; Urban Decay Primer Potion , NYX Shadow Base).
- Try a cream eye shadow or pencil (Examples: Maybelline Color Tattoo, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow).
- Try a waterproof mascara (Examples: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous, Maybelline NY Volum Express, Sephora Collection).
- Try a waterproof eye liner or gel liner (Examples: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner).
- Try a lip liner pencil underneath your lip gloss to help the color last longer and keep the gloss in place. Or simply use a lip pencil as lipstick if it soft and non-drying (Examples: NYX Cosmetics Lip Pencil, MAC Lip Pencil).
- Try satin or moisturizing lipstick instead of lip gloss for better staying power (Examples: Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Sticks, NARS Satin Lip Pencil, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil).
- Try a lip stain; the new formulas are supposed to be less drying and longer lasting (Example: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain).
|Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain|
Penny is loving Urban Decay's All-Niter or De-slick Oil Control Make-up Setting Sprays. These help to keep my make-up in place all day. Both sprays leave me with a bit of a 'dewy' finish and by late afternoon I tend to have some shine. But I just use my MAC Oil Blot Powder to touch up my shiny t-zone and call it a day. My make up looks a lot better at the end of the day these days.
|Shadow under lower lash line...|
- To keep eyeliner from running below the eyes, use eye shadow and place under the lash line with a liner brush.
- Try liquid or gel liner on top lid, close to the lash line
- Try applying your powder shadows with a damp eye shadow brush
- Line and fill in your lips with a lip pencil in the same color as your lip gloss or lipstick for major staying power
- Blend eye shadow pencils and cream shadow with your finger tips
- Set your foundation with powder by applying with a press-n-roll motion and a sponge. By pressing the powder into the skin you do not disturb your foundation or concealer underneath, as you would with a swiping motion
Be blessed. Be beautiful.