March is here and although we’re expecting snow (again) here in the mid-Atlantic Penny is determined to get in the mood for spring. How could you not be ready for all the beautiful colors in cosmetics and fashion in the forecast for the spring 2014?
Bright Orange was also seen on the runways for NY Fashion Week. Orange has made a big splash on lips for this coming season. Here is a quick guide I found on how to find the right orange lipstick for your skin tone. (see http://www.thefashionspot.com/beauty/180077-orange-lipstick/)
- Warm skin tones: If you have more yellow/golden tones to your skin, look for yellow based oranges. If the lipstick contains shimmer, look for those with gold, bronze or copper flecks.
- Cool skin tones: Does your skin have more of a pink or red tone to it? Lean towards red or coral based oranges for a more natural look. If there is shimmer in the lipstick, look for those with silver, opal or white shimmer.
- Light complexion: Keep your eyes out for true oranges or tones that are a bit lighter or more pastel.
- Medium complexion: Watch for shades that are slightly darker than your natural lip color. Want to go bold? Try a vibrant, bright orange!
- Deep complexion: Go for a browner or more brick base to your orange for your perfect hue.
- SEPHORA+PANTONE UNIVERSE Radiant Rush Matte Lipstick in Radiant Orchid
- Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in A-Go-Go
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Jilted
- EM Scribble Liquid Liner in Tattoo Black
- Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Ginger Pop
Be blessed. Be beautiful.