Sunday, February 6, 2011

Penny's Plethora of Products (Part II)

Hello beautifuls...here we go again. Penny has been a busy girl these past few months. LOL!

M.A.C Peacocky Collection (Mega Metal Eye Shadow) - This is one of the
latest collections by M.A.C. I purchased the eye shadow called Unflappable. MAC describes it as a “frosted black with purple pearle.” I saw it on one of the make-up artist and it was very pretty; she was actually wearing three colors from the collection. Her complexion was very similar to my own so I thought I’d try it for one of my smokey eye looks. Unfortunately it just looked ‘dirty’ on me; none of the pretty purple metallic shimmer showed through. It’s supposed to be a long lasting formula with intense colors. I will probably return/exchange it. It is also a huge pot of eye shadow…would probably last for years. LOL!
- MAC store & counters, $19.50

M.A.C CremeSheen Glass (Lip Gloss) - This is a pretty peach gloss but more sheer than expected. I purchased the color called Richer, Lusher. It is definitely creamy but would probably be best used on top of a lipstick.
- MAC store & counters, $18

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss - I love, love, love my Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss. They look pretty and wear well. I also really like the color, creamy texture and long wear of Revlon’s ColorBurst Lipstick. So when I saw the new Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss naturally I had to try it. Unfortunately Penny is puzzled by the ‘lipgloss’ that feels and looks like lipstick. I’m not impressed with the texture of this gloss; which is thicker than the Super Lustrous, but doesn’t wear as well. Revlon advertises this as having “5x more shine” but to me the shine is lost quickly. Nice colors, but not impressed. Will give it one more try by using it on top of their ColorBurst Lipstick.
- Target, from $6-$8

Lancôme Blush Subtil Sheer Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush - Penny is not big on blush but feels like it is necessary to complete ‘the look’…finish the face…and for others to find my cheeks. LOL! After receiving a gift in Sheer Amourose, I sampled this fine powdered blush and have come to like the smooth, natural, light look and feel. It applies evenly and lasts.
- Bloomingdales, $29.50

Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad Smooth Hold - Nice colors. Great powder and application. I was able to try the colors in Innocence Couture, on a colleague and the colors applied smoothly, evenly and blended great. Penny also likes that the colors come various finishes…sheen, shimmer, matte and metallic.
- Bloomingdales, $42

Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick - Penny has always been hesitant about cream blu
shes because I’m not confident that I will know how to apply them evenly. But one of the looks I tried over the holidays recommended a cream blush under a powder blush for staying power so I tried this Clinique blush in the color Peachy Blush and liked it.
- Tap lightly directly from the tube onto the cheeks and blend with your fingers.
- Bloomingdales, $19

Bobbi Brown Cream Eye Shadow - Like cream blush Penny was a bit apprehensive about cream eye shadow. This Bobbi Brown formula blends evenly and is now my favorite ‘base’ coat for almost any eye shadow look. The colors I have are Cement - a grayish taupe & Bone - a light cream-yellow.
- The trick is to scoop a very small amount onto the back of your hand, tap onto the entire lid lightly, and quickly; blends best with your fingertips.
- Always keep the jar covered tightly as too much air exposure will cause the formula to dry and become more difficult to blend.
- Bloomingdales, $22

Be blessed. Be beautiful.
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment