Saturday, January 29, 2011

Penny's Plethora of Products (Part I)

Hi folks. Penny has been busy and struggling to find the time to give you guys a shout out. So I decided to do a product review dump. The following products were tested within the past 2-3 months and I wanted to share my experiences with you. I've been 'youtubing' alot lately and getting great make-up ideas and tips from the other make-up maniacs & professionals out there. So its been a fun time trying new things. Some worked and some didn't but as Penny always says...its all about trial and error. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - This was one of my most awesome finds! I have never been good at applying pencil eyeliner or never could find one soft enough to work on my not-so-smooth lash line. Well this eyeliner literally glides on like the name implies; it blends easily yet dries (in 30 sec) with long-lasting, intense color. I bought jet black (‘Zero’) but would like to try the black w/ silver glitter (‘Oil Slick’). There are so many fun colors to choose from, I’m sure I’ll be trying these for a while. - Sephora.com, $17


Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara - This seems to be a good lengthening mascara. Unfortunately Penny needs length AND volume. I got this because I was so pressed to buy the Glide eyeliner before the holidays that when I found that Sephora was sold out, I bought a gift pack with a small liner and a mini Skyscraper mascara in it for $14. LOL! Nice if you need length. - Sephora.com, $22


Make-up Brushes, by Bdellium Tools - These are fantastic antibacterial brushes found on Amazon.com. These brushes were modeled after M.A.C.’s line of professional brushes. Penny recently purchased several of these brushes as they are exceptionally priced for the quality. They clean well, and work with all my powder and cream products. Penny’s favorite brush is the Tapered Blending Eye Brush #785 (compare to M.A.C’s #224) it blends any eye shadow perfectly. - Amazon.com, from $8.00 - $20

Red Cherry Lashes - These false lashes are made of 100% human hair, but are a bargain at no more than $2 a pair (Amazon.com). Penny learned about them from a Youtube binge I was on before the holidays. One of the make-up looks I replicated this holiday season called for these lashes so I ordered them to ‘practice’ my faux lash application. LOL! They are beautiful but the first style I bought was too long for me. So I ordered a more natural length/style which I plan to try tomorrow. - Amazon.com, from $14 for 6-pairs


Coastal Scents 26 Eye Shadow/Blush Combo Palette - This palette’s has great colors that come in shimmer, pearle, and matte finishes. There are 21 eye shadow shades and 5 blushes. Once again this was a steal at the price for these high quality long-lasting shadows. This palette contains colors in nearly nude, to browns, taupes, peaches, pinks, rose and rich deep plums. Penny has tried many of the colors and two of the blushes so far. I always use primer before using any brand eye shadow for a long lasting look. (Sephora ‘Tricks of the Trade’ Eye Primer, $6-12) - Amazon, $19.95


Hope you find something fun for you to try yourself. Leave Penny a comment and let me know if there are any products YOU tried recently that Penny and the posse may want to try.


Be blessed. Be beautiful.
P

No comments:

Post a Comment